Due to the Covid19 Pandemic we are currently unable to hold public gatherings of worship. There will be no public worship services held at our Station St facility until further notice.
Arrangements for weddings and funerals change with the various levels of restrictions so please contact the church office directly for enquiries.
We continue to be the church, dispersed across our community, but we must do so as individuals or in groups no larger than a single household. This is an act of love towards our neighbours as we take deliberate actions to limit the possibility of further transmission of the Coronavirus.
The Ministry Team continue to encourage our congregation to participate in the work of God in our community and to support and resource you in a variety of ways. Please contact Rev Lucas Taylor at email@example.com or call 0404022851 with any questions or if are not currently and you wish to be included in any of the activities described below.
- Each Sunday (9.30-10am) we hold a Prayer Candle Livestream via the congregation’s Facebook Group (not the public page). Any point of care & concern, joy & celebration are invited to be named in this service and a taper candle is lit for each prayer in our virtually gathered presence. This group is private, which allows congregation members some privacy as they name people or situations they wish to uphold in prayer. If you would like to be added to this group, please contact Rev Lucas Taylor.
- On the first Sunday of the month (9:30am) the congregation meets virtually via Zoom, additionally streamed to the RUC Facebook group, to break bread together for communion. Each household has a sourdough starter mix from a common “ancestor” starter mix from which we bake our own loaf each month to share in our household. Pre-baked loves are delivered to people who aren’t able to bake their own (subject to restrictions permitting). If you would like to be included in this activity, please contact Rev Lucas Taylor.
- On the third Sunday of the month (10am) RUC joins the other Maroondah Uniting Churches (Croydon, Croydon North, Heathmont and North Ringwood congregations) to produce a pre-recorded web streamed worship service which is hosted on the North Ringwood UC’s website. https://www.nruc.org.au
- Each Monday Rev Lucas and other members of the Church Council writes an email to the congregation updating on any news and offering encouragement and a blessing.
- Tuesday Townhall (10am every Tuesday) meeting via Facebook livestream to the RUC Facebook group. Rev Lucas Taylor provides a greeting, scripture and blessing and responds to any questions or concerns. If you would like to be included in this activity, please contact Rev Lucas Taylor.
- Thursday Talkback (8pm every Thursday) via Zoom, additionally streamed to the RUC Facebook group. Rev Lucas Taylor provides a greeting, scripture and blessing and responds to any questions or concerns. A weekly opportunity for virtual conversation amongst the congregation. If you would like to be included in this activity, please contact Rev Lucas Taylor.
- Each Friday a Paper Church Home Liturgy is published and distributed via email, post or delivered by volunteers (restriction permitting). This can be used for personal reflection and is designed to include those who are unable to participate via computer. If you would like to be included in this activity, please contact Rev Lucas Taylor.